Junior League of Olympia Projects and Events
- Remodeling DSHS visitation rooms
- Throwing a holiday party for foster children
- Providing clothing and supplies for children heading back to school
- Helping to purchase and package hygiene kits for homeless and poor students
- Providing book bags to encourage family reading
- Providing funding to our community partners, including the Family Support Center, Hands On Children's Museum and the YWCA Girls Circle
- Managing a fund to help foster children with extra-curricular activities and individual needs
- Hosting an evening of learning centered around the prevention of child abuse and neglect
The Junior League of Olympia (JLO) is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
Innovation has been the key to the Junior League of Olympia's success in improving the community. From creating Little Red Schoolhouse, to deliver school supplies and clothing to local families, to implementing Kids in the Kitchen to empower youth to make healthy lifestyle choices, JLO continues to deliver relevant community programming to fulfill its mission.
Every year, JLO develops and implements projects that aim to impact the community in positive ways, with the ultimate goal of preventing child abuse and neglect.
The Junior League of Olympia donates more than $50,000 and 1,000+ volunteer hours to our community each year.
JLO reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. We encourage women over the age of 21 to join us.